Results of the Contest of the research papers of students, candidates for a master’s degree, post-graduate students “Refugees: Test for Tolerance”, which was held in September – November 2016 by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and the International Non-governmental Association for Scientific Research, Information and Educational Programmes “Evolutio”, were summed up.
Students, candidates for a master’s degree and post-graduates of Belarusian universities involved in researches in the specified areas were invited to participate in the Contest.
The first degree diploma was awarded to:
• Antanina Marozava, student of the Faculty of International Relations of Belarusian State University, research paper “The non-refoulement principle and the problem of its application on state borders”;
The second degree diploma was awarded to:
• Marharyta Kavalchuk, cadet of Expert and Investigative Faculty of the Academy of the Interior Ministry of the Republic of Belarus, research paper “Legal framework of refugee and asylum seekers' protection within the European Union”;
• Uladzislau Revenka, student of the Faculty of Physical Education of the Belarusian State Pedagogical University named after Maxim Tank, research paper “The attitude of student youth towards refugee problem (sociological research)”;
The third degree diploma was awarded to:
• Yuliya Lukichova, student of the Law Faculty of Brest State University named after A. Pushkin, work “Multiculturalism and intercultural dialogue as possible means of policy implementation in modern society”;
• Andrei Novik, cadet of the Border Service Institute of the Republic of Belarus, work “Elaboration of the model law on migration and asylum”.
The Awarding ceremony took place on December 20, 2016 at the Faculty of International Relations of Belarusian State University. The winners received diplomas and memorable presents.