The results of the contest for journalists on the best coverage in mass media in 2016 of the topic “Refugees: Ordinary People Living Through Extraordinary Times” were summed up. The Contest was held in May—November 2016 by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and International Non-governmental Association for Scientific Research, Information and Educational Programmes “Evolutio”. 71 materials from 27 representatives of the Belarusian mass media submitted their works for jury's consideration.
The commission came to the conclusion to announce the following winners:
in the nomination «Best newspaper/journal publication or Internet-publication in (series of publications)»:
• Yanina Karalevich-Kartel for series of materials in the Internet-Journal CityDog.by;
• Natallia Kanoplich for series of materials in the Mozyr public-political newspaper «Zhitte Palessia».
In the nomination «Best TV/Radio broadcast (series of broadcasts)»:
• staff of journalists of the Broadcasting Channel «Grodno Plus» for series of videos on refugee issues;
• Maxim Vecherkov for series of videos on the ONT TV Channel on refugee issues;
• Aliaksandr Haveika and Katsiaryna Zhdanovich for the program “Good evening, Gomel!” on the TV Channel “Belarus-4. Gomel”.
For active participation in the Contest encouraging awards and memorable diplomas are awarded to:
• Iryna Torbina for series of materials in the newspaper «Chyrvony pramen'»;
• Volha Mazepa and Nina Mikhnova for the program “Doma.net” broadcasted on the Radio «Mogilev»
• Sviatlana Mikhailouskaya and Vitold Sabaleuski for series of materials in the newspaper «Chyrvonaya Zorka».
The Awarding ceremony and press-briefing for journalists took place on December 20, 2016 at the Faculty of International Relations of the Belarusian State University.